SUMMER TOUR 2018
In its 23rd year, the GreenSpring Summer Music Institute is pleased to announce the International Exchange East Coast Discovery Tour. After two intensive weeks of training in Richmond, VA in preparation for the tour, the experience will include a concert tour of the U.S. East Coast in collaboration with Former Royal Harpist Claire Jones, percussionist Chris Marshall and harpists of the Claire Jones International Harp School, UK. The GreenSpring Summer Chamber Music Institute and the GreenSpring Summer Choral Institute will perform together, providing rich ensemble experiences in world-renowned venues in Virginia, DC, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts and Maine. This tour promises to be an amazing adventure and the perfect opportunity to take musical and cultural understanding to a whole new level.
The interest in the tour has already been very strong. Please let us know of your interest as soon as possible as space is limited!
1. Musicians must be between the ages of 14 and 22 by 7/1/18 (students 14 and younger may be considered based on audition results and Director's approval).
2. Musicians must be at an intermediate or advanced level (there will be two tracks).
3. Musicians must be able to attend the mandatory Summer Music Institute weeks from July 23-August 3 to prepare for the tour.
4. Musicians must pass a qualifying audition which includes a YouTube video or a live performance of two solos of contrasting styles and periods.
5. Applicants must provide a reference or recommendation letter from a teacher familiar with their musical abilities.
6. Applicants must submit a completed registration form.
The deadline for the International Exchange East Coast Discovery Tour application has been extended to March 15th.
Limited spaces are available with acceptance by audition only. Applications will be considered based on space availability.
Applications should be sent to:
International Summer Harp Institute and Tour
Attn: Lynnelle Ediger-Kordzaia
4101 Grove Avenue
Richmond, VA 23221
Sunday, July 22: Boarding Students arrive in Richmond, VA
Monday July 23-August 3: Richmond Preparatory Weeks with three Preview Performances
Saturday, August 4: Depart from Richmond, VA and Explore and Perform in Washington, DC
Sunday, August 5: Explore and Perform in Frederick and Emmitsburg, Maryland
Monday, August 6: Performance at Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary Chapel in Pennsylvania
Tuesday, August 7 - Wednesday, August 8: Explore and Perform in New York City
Thursday, August 9: Perform in Boston, Massachusetts
Friday, August 10: Explore Boston, Salem, Rockport, Portsmouth and the New England Coast
Saturday, August 11: Explore and Celebrate in Portland and Rockland, Maine
Sunday, August 12: Explore and Perform in Camden, Maine
Monday, August 13: Departure from Boston